2018 Parents and Friends Office Bearers
|President||Mrs Emma Trassari|
|Vice President||Mrs Jenny Muscat|
|Secretary||Ms Claire Pirola|
|Asst. Secretary||Mrs Cathy Anderson|
|Treasurer||Mrs Helen Murphy|
|Asst. Treasurer||Mrs Fionnuala Torrisi|
Below are links to minutes and agendas
|Term 1||Term 1|
|Term 2||Term 2|
|Term 3||Term 3|
|Term 4||Term 4|
The aims of the College can only be achieved with the full co-operation and partnership of the parents. Parents are expected to support the values of the College and uphold the policies determined for the effective running of the College community.
Communication between teachers and parents is essential and is facilitated through regular Parent/Teacher Interviews, both compulsory and by request, and the issuing of formal Reports. Apart from official interview sessions, parents are free at any time during the year to arrange an interview with a teacher or Leaders of Pastoral Care or Leaders of Learning or the Principal or Assistant Principal.
Every fortnight a comprehensive Newsletter keeps parents informed of general College happenings with regard to curriculum, excursions, liturgical events, examinations, careers, extra-curricular activities, sporting competitions, P & F activities and new facilities. The Newsletter is emailed to families. A hard copy is available upon request.
Parents are also encouraged and invited to support the Parents & Friends Association and assist the College in whatever way they can, e.g. in the Canteen, the Library, with Examination Supervision, at special College functions, or in sporting activities.
There is a Parents & Friends Committee which meets at least once each Term. The Executive Officers are elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Parents & Friends Association. All parents are welcome to attend committee meetings, whether they are formal members or not. The committee is involved in assisting with various College functions and events throughout the year, and is consulted about proposed changes in various areas of College life.
The aims of the OLSH College Parents & Friends Association as expressed in its Constitution are as follows:
- To promote the interests of the College community by providing liaison between parents, teachers and students
- To encourage parent support of administrative and teaching staff in the various activities related to College life
- To provide a means of meeting socially for all associated with the College
- To promote a wider interest in the principles and methods of education in general, and Catholic education in particular
- To affiliate with and support the official Catholic Parent Organisation of the Sydney Archdiocese, and any other official Catholic Parent Association which may be formed at regional, state or federal levels
- To give public expression when the occasion arises in matters affecting Catholic Education.
There is also a College Finance Committee which meets each Term. This committee consists of the Principal, Assistant Principal, Business Manager, Bursar, Parish Priest, and at least two other appointed members with particular expertise. It is advisory to the Principal and assists in the drawing up and reviewing of the College’s annual budget, in reviewing fees collection/discounting, in making recommendations regarding the College’s levies and other charges, in reviewing the College’s purchasing and accounting, and in advising on priorities for the College’s repairs and maintenance as well as minor capital development.